Atlanta, the capital and largest city of Georgia, is a vibrant and diverse city with a rich history and a thriving arts and culture scene. Here is a guide to some of the top things to do and see in Atlanta:
Where to stay:
- The Ritz-Carlton: a luxurious five-star hotel in the heart of downtown Atlanta
- The Hilton Atlanta: a stylish and modern hotel with a rooftop pool and fitness center
- The Hyatt Regency Atlanta: a chic, upscale hotel with a convenient location in the heart of the city
- The Westin Peachtree Plaza: an iconic skyscraper hotel with panoramic city views
- Airbnb: a variety of vacation rental options, from apartments and condos to houses and guest rooms, are available throughout the city
Where to eat:
- The Varsity: a famous fast food chain known for its burgers, fries, and shakes
- Mary Mac's Tea Room: a beloved Atlanta institution serving classic Southern comfort food
- The Flying Biscuit Cafe: a popular breakfast and brunch spot known for its biscuits and gravy
- The Metro Diner: a chain of diners serving hearty American breakfast and lunch dishes
- SweetWater Brewery: a popular brewery and taproom known for its craft beer and live music events
- Red Brick Brewery: a local brewery with a variety of beers on tap and a tasting room
- Wild Heaven Beer: a craft brewery with a focus on sustainable ingredients and innovative beer styles
- Opera: a popular nightclub with a variety of music and entertainment options
- The Music Room: a live music venue and bar with a focus on indie and alternative bands
- The Wild Hare: a reggae bar and nightclub with live music and a laid-back atmosphere
- The Masquerade: a music venue and nightclub with multiple stages and a variety of genres
- Tongue & Groove: a upscale nightclub with a dress code and a mix of music and entertainment
What to do:
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium: a world-class aquarium with a wide variety of marine animals, including sharks, dolphins, and beluga whales
- Take a tour of the CNN Center: the headquarters of CNN, offering behind-the-scenes tours of the newsroom and studios
- Go shopping at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza: two upscale shopping malls with a wide variety of stores and restaurants
- Explore the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site: This site includes the birth home of Martin Luther King Jr., as well as the Ebenezer Baptist Church where he preached.
- Take a stroll through the Atlanta Botanical Garden: This beautiful garden is home to a wide range of plants and flowers, as well as a number of sculptures and art installations.
- Visit the World of Coca-Cola: This museum, located in downtown Atlanta, is dedicated to the history of the famous soft drink company.
- Check out the High Museum of Art: This art museum, located in Midtown, is home to a wide range of works by artists from around the world.
- The Shops Buckhead Atlanta: a chic outdoor shopping and dining destination
- The Ponce City Market: a popular food hall and market with a mix of local and international vendors
- The Westside Provisions District: a trendy neighborhood with a variety of boutiques and stores
Experience nature and parks:
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden: a beautiful botanical garden with a variety of plants, flowers, and gardens
- The Piedmont Park: a large urban park with walking and biking trails, sports fields, and a popular green space for events and festivals
- The Stone Mountain Park: a large outdoor recreation area with hiking and biking trails, a lake, and a popular laser show at night.
If you are looking for durable, stylish, and budget-friendly luggage options, check out the collection from Loomis Travel below, perfect for your next trip.
See our recommendations for most sustainably manufactured stylish luggage